General Merrill A. “Tony” McPeak was the 14th chief of staff of the US Air Force. Hangar Flying is a memoir of his early service in fighter squadrons, a story about military flying in the tumultuous 1960s. The book may be regarded as a primary source for understanding what happened in front-line aviation units when the Berlin Wall went up, during the Bay of Pigs invasion or the Cuban missile crisis, at the height of our presence in South Vietnam, or just day to day during the long facedown with the Soviet Union. Surely only a handful of military officers had a ringside seat for so much of the Cold War, in so many of its settings.
- Buy the eBook: Kindle | Nook | iBook | Kobo
- Browse excerpts and photographs.
- Watch the book trailer.
- Read an interview with General McPeak.
- Explore reviews and media coverage.
- Find Hangar Flying on Goodreads.